12.24.2014

REFLECTION.



Noun: serious thought or consideration.
This time of year always has me feeling nostalgic. As a new year approaches we are left to muse over the one which has just passed; therefore I hope the sentiments are mutual. Personally I can't help but feel somewhat sad, as is usual with (my) nostalgia. Distraught at what has ended whether it be good or bad, to some extent I long to relive it. I can remember feeling these emotions even when I was young. The last of the gift wrapping always had me in a frown. I guess this is just yet another demonstration of my connection to the past. Rather than yearn for (great) moments gone and question (bad) scenarios that cannot be changed, I want to learn from the past and simply move on.


I've learned that life is precious and should not be taken for granted. Doctor appointments are imperative and need to be a habit. If something does not feel right, get it checked. It is sad that it takes misery to be grateful. I learned that hugs are important and can be the missing ingredient in making a good day. We should all hug more often. Everyday might not be happy, but smiling will help. Continuing to do things that make you happy is essential. Do not get into a rut or be lazy. True friendship does not need to be visited daily. Support those friends no matter what. People will stay in your life if they want to.  Busy is a lame excuse. Good things come to those who work hard. Karma is only a bitch if you are. Wishes do come true. Partying in Vegas should be done by age twenty-five. A lot can happen/change in a year. If a man is truly into you, he will make sure you know it. Love is hard and takes much effort yet perseverance is almost easy if feel it is worth it. We will always fear something, the important thing is how you deal with it.

It is Christmas Eve and I continue daydreaming of the times we anxiously awaited until midnight to open our gifts; the memory of lying in my grandparents bed with too many cousins to fit. My grandmother would have us believe that the noise from upstairs was Santa's sled, if we didn't go to sleep he would not be visiting our homes. Yet, although my mind is preoccupied with the past, I am excited to celebrate in the present. This year has brought me the best gift in the form of a blue eyed male who makes me smile (almost) everyday as though I am still that child in bed believing in eight flying reindeer. If leaving the past means looking forward to the future with this man, then my resolution shouldn't be so tricky and I might just get that lifelong anticipated New Years Eve midnight kiss.


Hoping I didn't just jinx it ;)

Merde. 

No comments:

Post a Comment