6.19.2014

Sobriquet.


Noun: a person's nickname. 
Somewhere between seventeen and twenty I predominantly stopped referring to the males I met by their true names. Instead I elaborated on some rather obvious aspect regarding their character, mannerism, nationality or look; voila a nickname was born. It just seemed easier when explaining a story to use a detail orientated adjective as an alternative instead of repeatedly clarifying who so and so was. This became a regular thing amongst my friends and I and to this day is still used on the daily.

A glimpse into our repertoire: 

 

Ano

Braces

Character

Character look-a-like

CrayCray

Foot fetish (aka FF)

French boy

Goon

Grey

Gustav

I like your speedo

Lupé

McGirth

Mirasian

Muffin head

Paris boy

RL

Sketch boy

Sweater vests

The Moroc

The youth **used numerous times**

V-necks

X plate

Youngin' **used numerous times**



Coincidentally just last night, during a conversation between my best friend and someone, I was referred to as 'Tinder girl'. I always hoped that when I discovered a nickname used in place of my name it would be much more exciting...

Merde.

No comments:

Post a Comment