3.15.2014

Replay.

Noun: an occurrence that closely follows the pattern of a previous event.

Rewind several weeks ago. It's a Saturday night and I'm home alone. Due to a potential overdoes of Amaretto in my tea mixed with boredom, I re-download the Tinder app. I told myself (okay I promised my mother) that this year I would make more of an effort when it comes to the opposite sex. Could this be my first attempt?
I immediately change the age range of my male interests to thirty to forty years of age. If thirty-five year old men are chasing twenty-five year old women, I have no choice but to increase my limits. Besides nothing is sexier than a distinguished man who knows what he wants. In addition, I make a mental note to sometimes heart a photo I may not instantly love.
At first it seemed as though I was matching up with everyone and of course that makes you feel great. Let's be honest, Tinder is basing everything on looks and it's always nice to know people find you attractive. My biggest problem with this process seems to be when it comes down to the chat. I don't think it is so difficult to find an eye-catching photo, but trying to initiate interest through words is a whole different story. Small talk is boring. When the majority of conversationalists try to start with "Hi, how are you?" my automatic reaction is to cringe and wish I could retract my right swipe.
The main concern I have, moreover what I would like to ask people is, what your intentions with Tinder are? I question this because after matching with over twenty five individuals, only a select few have actually started a conversation. So what is your thought process when you choose to heart my photo? I guess I could ask myself the same enquiry. Personally, I hope that I could find someone attractive (to me) who would also peak my curiosity through chat; enough to make me want to get out of my comfort zone and actually meet them. If you are an avid reader of my posts, you are aware that this is a huge deal for me.

In essence Tinder in Montreal is just as unexciting the second time around but as long as I have the app I can pretend that I am actively making an effort. Right?
Merde.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment