3.30.2014

GIRLS.

TV series: Girls is an American television series that began airing on HBO on April 15, 2012. Created by and starring Lena Dunham, Girls is a comedy-drama that follows a close group of twenty-somethings as they chart their lives in New York City.

It's Sunday, therefore it seems appropriate to (finally) recap the finale of GIRLS; mostly because I still don't know what I am going to do to excite tonight's evening before work. Furthermore, what will I review tomorrow morning to my office mate (who does not watch the show) through my own fits of laughter? I would be eternally grateful to the person who could suggest an equally entertaining show to fill the void in my life until season four commences.
I hate to say that this season was not the greatest. I went through a roller coaster of emotions when it came to my love for the show; although my disappointment was usually redeemed the following week by an equally amusing episode. However, I can't help but feel that I was just abruptly broken up with and left with a truckload of unanswered questions and confusion.
How will Shoshanna recover from her breakdown? Furthermore, how will she mend her broken heart? I sincerely think that she should end her friendship with Marnie who completely broke the BLC (basic lady code). Marnie is the ideal illustration of a selfish bitch. She's that one girl we all know who had a great guy (Charlie), took him for granted and ended their relationship. She now suffers unhappily by her lonesome while backstabbing everyone around her. Misery loves company. She just needs to go away. Jessa needs help. How does one agree to help someone commit suicide? I hope this situation is a metaphor for her to get her shit together and quit her addiction bullshit. She has so much potential. I'd be her friend. The majority of my thoughts regarding this finale are focused on Hannah. I was incredibly disappointed when Hannah got herself fired from her job in the previous episode. Granted it wasn't her dream job, but it was a decent job and she was good at it. She basically put her life on hold for Adam out of fear that he would move on without her. My initial assumption was that she would not go forward with school in Iowa as she would evidently not want to leave her boyfriend. The ending would have us believe that she will in fact go, but we still cannot be certain. I sure as hell hope she does. It pains me when females put their goals aside because of the men in their life. Obviously I am biased considering I do not have a man in my life and therefore my time is devoted to excelling at my career. My situation could very well have been different if the circumstances were. Despite my difficulties with being single, I can't help but feel that my (lack of) man issues are less stressful than finding a happy (secure) life in the work industry. Men come and go but work is forever?
Is it apparent that I'm trying to convince myself?
Today my grandmother told me to think of her; that I need to focus on having a baby. I now have my mother and grandmother working in unison to make me feel guilty for my single status.
In reality, I would probably give up my job for the perfect husband and baby (girl; just one).

I would be great wife material, if only I could find a ripe avocado.
Merde.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment