2.03.2014

GIRLS.

TV series: Girls is an American television series that began airing on HBO on April 15, 2012. Created by and starring Lena Dunham, Girls is a comedy-drama that follows a close group of twenty-somethings as they chart their lives in New York City.


I neglected my GIRLS rant last week. I felt uninspired and didn’t really have much to say. During a group chat with some girlfriends over Facebook (it has become a weekly ritual, Facebook allows the discussion to be feasible as everyone has different schedules, one being in Paris) it was brought to my attention that the content of the show was never really that interesting. While the dialogue on the other hand, is action packed. I had to agree. I had fallen into an attachment with too many expectations; hence why I was feeling disappointed. I realized I had to rewind back to the mind frame I experienced two seasons ago to resume appreciation of the context. So without further adieu, my favourite quotes from this week’s episode (and a few extra from last week):


“If you died the world would blur.” (Adam, Ep. 4) 
“We literally just had this conversation.” (Shosh, Ep. 4)
“He had a gay app on his iPhone and liked to show his ankles, but what does that even mean in this day and age?" (Hannah, Ep. 5)
“My recent hijinks have really taken a toll on my GPA!” (Shosh, Ep. 5)
“Go fuck yourself. Like I'd advertise this.” (Marnie, Ep. 5)“It's really important to my 15-year plan that I get into a good business school because I don't want to become like my friends and family, you included, no offense." (Shosh, Ep. 5) 
“You will never write a thing that matters, because you will never understand the true struggles of humanity, because you just slipped right out of your mother’s pussy like a nice little golden egg, you spoiled little fucking brat!!” (Caroline, Ep. 5)


In addition, some random thoughts I’ve acquired and want to share:

Team Adam.

Why doesn’t anyone wear a bra?

I wish I could have Ray describe what is wrong with me; what a great reality check.

Why does Shosh always have her hair styled in extremely weird arrangements?

How do Hanna and Adam manage to pay $2100 in rent?



Can’t Charlie just come back?

Merde.


2 comments: