5.20.2013

Yes.



Noun: An affirmative answer or decision. 

I’ve decided this is will be my word for the summer. 
So here I am feeling a little rough considering I have said yes to all invitations this week, meaning I’ve been out every night since Thursday. If you know me at all, you will know that this is extremely out of the ordinary for me. I like to stay home, I like my eight hours of sleep, I like to go to the gym early weekend mornings; no wonder I'm single. But this summer will be different because my plan is to say yes to everything...OK, maybe ninety percent of the time because one hundred percent of anything is never fun. So ask me out, I dare you.

It didn’t take long for me to realize that this challenge I’m testing myself with might not always end well. Thursday night while out for drinks and food, I found myself waving to random guys as they walked by the lounge we were at. I’m not a creep, they waved first through the window and I assumed a wave was equivalent to a yes. I also figured a wave was harmless, until my (not single) friend beckoned one of the guys in after he lingered too long in front of the window starting at me. I give the guy props for actually coming in, introducing himself to me and sitting down; proof that some males still have balls. 

The guy was not my type, but I humoured him and was polite. I later joked that had he opened his mouth and been Moroccan I probably would have liked him. Why? Because there is just something about Moroccan guys that make my knees weak while my heart skips a beat. They always have way more charm and game than I can resist...

Merde.


No comments:

Post a Comment