3.07.2013

Makeout



Web Definitions: A French kiss is a kiss, usually romantic or sexual, in which one participant's tongue touches the other's tongue and usually...
<Usually what??>

Wikipedia: In human sexuality, making out is a sexual euphemism[1] of American origin dating back to at least 1949, and is used synonymously with the terms petting, kissing and necking,[2] but may also refer to non-penetrative sex acts such as heavy petting.[2][3] Alternatively, the term "hooking up" may be used to imply casual sex.[3]

I needed some excitement in my life. I recently finished the book I was reading and presently have no others lined up, everything on TV seems to be a rerun besides American Idol, my gym has recently been invaded by the ‘three months for ninety-nine dollars customers’, which makes me not want to spend any extra time there, and let’s be real, there is only so much a girl can blog about. Especially when she is leading such a thrilling single life. Summer please come soon.
I decided to start (re) watching The O.C.; considering it was all I found while searching for a book to borrow at my friend’s apartment. It was clearly a sign. That was less than a week ago and I am currently on episode twenty-five. Twenty-five episodes times an approximate forty minutes per episode equals I just acknowledged how boring I actually am. Anyways, let me blame it on the fact that I had forgotten how entertaining this show was and I was home sick on Tuesday. Granted, the first season of almost every show is great and then it’s all downhill from there leaving me with another void to fill...
In the past sixteen or so hours I’ve spent being transported back to 2003, I’ve realized how little credit and attention adults (yes, I am referring to myself as an adult) give to making out. Without a doubt it makes sense that the high school kids make out like they are in high school (once again, leave it to me to point out the obvious), but it leaves me wondering why and when did the act of making out disappear from my life? I always loved to make out. I love to kiss. But a kiss, even several kisses, is not even comparable to the making out I’m referring to. I’m talking about the making out that makes anyone else in proximity feel uncomfortable (I am in no way however suggesting that I want to be partaking in such activities while in public). My week long marathon of re-watching The O.C. has made me remember how sensual and fun a make out session can be. These characters are in fact virgins (OK, by episode twenty-five they are no longer virgins) making out with so much tension you can feel the heat through the television; I’ve always said sexual tension is the best aphrodisiac. I am not over-exaggerating when I say there is at least one of these makeout scenes every fifteen minutes. It’s like watching a rated G version of Fifty Shades of Grey.

Can one actually feel nostalgia towards making out? Does that make me single AND pathetic? In any case, I admittingly wish I had someone to play with...
Merde.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment