2.23.2013

Recognition.


Noun:1. The action or process of recognizing or being recognized, in particular.
         2. Identification of a thing or person from previous encounters or knowledge.

Friday morning produced an amusing little story in my rather dull snowy week. Not having any milk in the fridge for my morning coffee was cause to rush myself ready in order to fit in a detour for caffeine. I rarely stop for coffee in the morning since I am almost always leaving late.
As I was waiting for my coffee, I noticed a man in line. I knew this man, but from where? It didn’t take long to realize that this was the same blue eyed babe I had met a few weeks prior while up north. The one with the girlfriend. But why would he be here right now at this coffee shop?
Being a master of making everything into a sign, it took me even less time to recognize that this MUST be a sign: there was no milk in the fridge, so I hurried in order to make this stop. I normally would have waited and gone to my favourite coffee place near work, but this morning I wanted to enjoy my coffee on the drive. This man lives nowhere close to me, so the fact that we are both here at the same time must be fate! We were meant to meet again.
As I was walking out with my coffee I had to stop and initiate a hello, “Hey, what are you doing here?!” He only looked at me puzzled. Perhaps he didn’t recognize me? After all, we did meet under different circumstances. Hair unbrushed and no makeup. He responded in French, he didn’t speak English. Oops. Before he or I had a chance to say anything else, I basically ran out, face red, straight to my car.

He clearly wasn’t eyeing me because he recognized me; he was most likely questioning why some strange girl was so creepily fixated on him.
Merde.

No comments:

Post a Comment