2.24.2013

Appreciate.



Verb: 1. Recognize the full worth of.
           2. Be grateful for (something).

“Don’t worry, my boyfriend doesn’t buy me lingerie.”
I received this text from one of my best friends after she finished learning about what makes me sulk in regards to being single. My initial reaction was disappointed. Her boyfriend is Parisian. I thought that at least the Parisian man would understand a great piece of lingerie. If not the French, then who?
This leads me to question: do women value lingerie more than men in this day and age? Are we so used to the naked body that nothing is left to be desired? What happened to the time when a man would recognize a garter belt and the slightest sight of it under a skirt/dress could set off a spark? Is this just another one of my fairy tale ideals?
I’ve yet to encounter a male who welcomes undergarments.  I used to enjoy purchasing lingerie with the intention of wearing it for someone in particular. Although, after being caught in an awkward predicament while wearing a new white lace thong teddy, I vowed to never again believe a man would be thankful for my efforts. He in fact stopped in the heat of the moment and asked me what I wear wearing. It saddened my heart immensely.I now rarely under dress in anything expensive in fear that it will get ripped in the hustle of trying to get it off.When one truly appreciates the delicate lace and how it hugs the body, they would be idiotic to want to rush it off. Why not leave it on? Certain pieces of lingerie can be sexier than any naked body I’m sure. A well made piece of lingerie is fabricated to accentuate a women’s body and it deserves some attention.I’d like to challenge the men of today to learn the lingerie typology and realize that naked is not always best. I would also consider proposing to the next man who gifted me with an impressive piece of lingerie. To the next man? Who am I kidding? There was never a first man to begin with.  Being indulged with expensive lace and satin is but a dream...

Merde.







No comments:

Post a Comment